Why Glocks are so popular and why you might want one:
Gaston Glock learned that the Austrian army wanted a pistol with a high ammunition capacity, more than the eight rounds of the Walther P-38.
It should weigh no more than twenty-eight ounces, with a streamlined design and a consistent, light trigger pull. It should also have no more than forty parts.
The resulting pistol, known as the Glock 17, swept the army’s handgun trials and was accepted for service.
Glock spent considerable time working on his pistol’s “pointability,” a term that describes a pistol’s natural ability to act as an extension of the shooter’s hand and eye coordination. This makes the pistol easy to aim, translating into a more user-friendly, accurate weapon. Glock also concentrated on making his weapon reliable over all else: In a competition that allowed for twenty jams in ten thousand shots, his pistol only failed once!
The Glock 17 was also one of the first high-capacity pistols.
The Browning Hi Power, designed by John M. Browning himself, was one of the first high-capacity shooters and carried thirteen rounds. The Beretta 92 could carry an impressive fifteen rounds. The Glock 17, however, beat the competition by packing in seventeen rounds of 9mm ammunition.
Since then Glock has become the dominant handgun in a crowded field of competitors. Glock 17 handguns have served with such diverse forces as the British Armed Forces, the Swedish Armed Forces, Indian special forces, the Iraqi military, the Israeli Defense Forces, the Yemeni military and is used by dozens of armies and hundreds of police forces worldwide. U.S. Army Rangers and Marine Corps Special Operations Command use the more compact Glock 19, and US Special Forces (including the shadowy Delta Force) carry the Glock 22.
American hand-gunners, who outnumber all those listed above combined, have followed suit and chosen Glock pistols over all others. These simple reliable guns make great platforms for the Mighty 960 Rowland® cartridge.
This .960 Rowland® Glock 17 MOS Gun Package Includes:
- Your NEW factory .960 Rowland® Glock™ 17 Gen 5 Handgun (Mfg# PA175S203MOS)
- Striker Fired
- Full Size, 9MM, 4.49″ Barrel
- Polymer Frame
- Matte Finish
- Dual-recoil spring assembly
- Fixed Sights
- MOS-Modular Optic System configuration
- Enlarged reversible magazine catch
- Safe Action Trigger System
- 3 x 17 Round Magazines
- Re-Chambering of your barrel to .960 Rowland®
- Engraving in Deep Night Red to reflect the Chambering
- Massaging the throat and feed ramp for seamless operation
- A Modified Recoil Spring Assembly (Flat-Wound Spring, Black Cerakoted Guide Rod)
- A .960 Rowland Tuning Pack (2 Flat Wound Springs)
- SS Recoil Spring Assembly Adapter
- Once we receive your order you may expect to receive your Range Tested Gun within 10-20 business days…generally sooner.