Compensated XD 4
BACKORDER NOTICE: If you are placing an order for this item your card will be charged upon check out. Placing a backorder will secure your place in line as well as the current price. Due to industry-wide strain on supply chains and manufacturing, shipping could potentially be delayed 4 to 8 months. We appreciate your business and patience as we work to cut down delays as much as possible while still maintaining the top-of-the-line quality our products are known for. If you need this item in a certain timeframe, please contact us for the latest ETA before placing your order. Cancelation of a backordered item shall be subject to a 20% fee.
The Springfield XD and XDm Series pistols are rugged, reliable, and deliver match-grade components and match-grade accuracy for a price we can live with.
Available on backorder
The “Pin and Weld” Option:
The purpose of the Pin and Weld option is to permanently secure the Compensator to the barrel to make it legal in California and other restrictive states.
With the exception of the 1911, the customer must send their slide to 460 Rowland® for pinning.
For the 1911, the barrel is removable/replaceable even after the Compensator is attached, so only the barrel need be sent. In the case of a new Conversion sale, we can pin the Compensator before shipping your order.
We stand behind our products "®" so, try them and love them...or return them for repair, replacement or refund.
Shooting the Mighty .460 Rowland®:
* Remove your magazine and check/double-check to ensure there is no round in the chamber.
*Be sure to back out the set-screws on your Compensator so they will not come in contact with your barrel threads, then…
- Attach your 460 Rowland® Compensator ensuring that when you gun is in battery your Compensator does not actually come in contact with your slide. The actual gap is not critical and can be almost paper thin, but there must be a gap.
- A very small amount of blue thread locker, on the set screws only, may be used.
- Install your .460 Rowland® 20# Recoil Spring on your stock guide rod.
Shooting .45 ACP Ammunition:
-If you experience ejection issues with .45 ACP, +P or Super just switch to the lower tension recoil spring.
Here is some additional information regarding your Full-Gun Conversion:
- It will arrive with a 20# recoil spring to be installed for shooting .460 Rowland®
- We have included a 16# recoil spring....switch to that, or even your stock spring, for shooting regular .45 ACP
- Your magazines should be fitted with our Extra Power Mag Springs to ensure feeding reliability.
- You should apply a small amount of blue thread-locker to your set screws, but not to your barrel threads.
- It is a good idea to monitor your Comp early on just to be extra sure there is no movement.
How to Remove your Set-Screw Secured Compensator:
- Back out the allen-head set screws several rotations until you are certain they are not in contact with the barrel threads…gentle heat with a small propane or butane torch will loosen the screws, if necessary, if thread-locker was used.
Using a wrench with protective padding around it, apply a firm, steady counterclockwise pressure to unscrew the Comp from the barrel.
None, Stainless Steel Compensator :- ($32.00), Charge To Permanently Attach Comp :- ($50.00), .460 Rowland® Thread Protector .578 x 28 (to Match Barrel Thread Pitch) :- ($16.83)
|Please Indicate if MOD 2|
Non MOD 2, MOD 2