Compensated 1911 Standard 5″
Now INCLUDES the .460 Rowland® Tougher Buffer Recoil System!
NEW Premium “Dura-Match” Barrel Available as an Upgrade (see below)
There’s quite a bit that goes into each .460 Rowland® Conversion Assembly for a 1911 pistol. Imitation may be considered a form of flattery to some folks, but we disagree. Here’s a clear list of features that you get when you buy 100% authentic .460 Rowland® Conversions straight from the source:
Don’t be fooled by fraud! Look for our Federal Trademark Insignia “®” to be sure.
- A Match-Grade Stainless Steel barrel rated for our pressures and chambered in .460 Rowland®
- Our integral .460 Rowland® Black Cerakoted Steel or Stainless Steel Compensator (both engraved in Deep Night Red)
- Our Exclusive Tougher Buffer Recoil System (see below to learn more!)
- A 20 (40) lb. Dual Action Flat-Wound Recoil Spring (as part of the Tougher Buffer Recoil System)
- A Match-Grade Barrel Bushing
- A 460 Rowland® Laser-Cut Barrel Bushing Wrench
- A guide rod hex wrench
- Installation instructions.
- In order to comply with some state requirements you can have us "Permanently Attach" either Compensator to your barrel…all this with no permanent alterations to your gun.
- Can you fire standard .45 ACP through your Authentic .460 Rowland® Conversion? Yes you can!
- (See our Special Note on Stainless Steel, below).
What Our Customers Have To Say About the 1911 Conversions:"Absolutely phenomenal! Just received my 460 conversion kit for a Kimber full-size 1911. Every single claim y’all making advertising is true it is exactly what it was claimed to be I will not own a 1911 that does not have this kit in it." J.C. – June 2020 1911’s: Basic Criteria for a Successful Conversion We recommend many modern 1911-style pistols and have a few guidelines to help ensure you have a successful Conversion. We always suggest, if you are unsure, that you contact your gun’s manufacturer to confirm it meets our requirements, as below. This is particularly important with the heat treatment of the slide. Modern, High-Quality with a fully heat-treated slide (to Rockwell-C hardness > 36) Standard 5″, Normally Ramped, e. not fully ramped Standard Barrel Bushing Configuration, e. no bull barrels Not a “double-stack”….we have had very little success converting guns with 1911 DS magazines (see our FAQ “1911’s: Double Stack Magazines”). For a list of some (definitely not ALL) potential models for an excellent Conversion, click on this link: https://www.460rowland.com/potential-1911-conversions/ If you love your 1911, you will really love what Johnny can do for it: True .44 Magnum Performance in a lightweight, high-capacity, easy to shoot, semi-automatic pistol. Enjoy twice the velocity and over three times the power of your standard .45 ACP.
About the "Dura-Match" BarrelFor just $60.00 you can now upgrade your Standard 1911 Conversion to include our .460 Rowland® Dura-Match Barrel. Built from a proprietary military-grade carbon steel, these innovative barrels are more difficult to produce but deliver true Match Grade+ performance. They are stronger, harder, and more resistant to friction, heat, abrasion, wear and corrosion than any other pistol barrel on the market today! These new barrels are already more durable and conduct heat away faster... but they then undergo a high-integrity metallurgical process to further improve surface hardness, lubricity and resistance to heat and corrosion. We don't simply apply a thick black "coating" to the surface of these already great barrels; we transform the molecular structure of the surface while maintaining critical dimensional tolerances. The process leaves a beautiful black finish...no more shiny metal glinting across the open field. You will absolutely love it!
Special Note re: Stainless Steel GunsStainless Steel has a higher coefficient of friction than carbon steel. The .460 Rowland® 1911 Conversion, when fitted to a stainless steel 1911 with a 20# Tougher Buffer Recoil System may not reliably eject low-powered .45 ACP ammunition. That issue is readily addressed. With the introduction of our Tougher Buffer Recoil System we now are able to offer a wide variety of flat-wound, dual-action spring tensions. These range from 13# to 24# and are for use with our Tougher Buffer’s .25” diameter two-piece, full length guide rod. We recommend our Low-Rate Spring Tuning Pack for those looking for additional tuning options for their SS gun. We have found that one of these lower-tension, dual-action springs is often the remedy when the 20# spring struggles with .45 ACP. Polishing your rails can be helpful as well. This is a relatively simple task. See our FAQ #56 https://www.460rowland.com/faq/ All 1911’s are a bit different and in some rare instances the higher friction of the stainless steel will prevent you from shooting both .460 Rowland® and .45 ACP from the same set-up. Should that happen with your gun you may need to revert to your stock barrel and recoil spring assembly to reliably cycle .45 ACP ammunition. And of course, if you need any help or advice along the way, we are always here to help in person in Tulsa, via email or over the phone (918) 928-7460. We have successfully converted hundreds of SS guns….yours can be the next!
About the .460 Rowland® 1911 Extended Firing PinIf you are experiencing primer blow-by it may be because you have an old-style .45 ACP firing pin assembly. Upgrade to our .460 Rowland® Extended Firing Pin to remedy these issues. Some 1911’s (even some very expensive models) have stubbornly adhered to John Browning’s original design and not gone to this more desirable firing pin assembly. The .460 Rowland® 1911 Extended Firing Pin solves the blow-by problem and has proven to be preferable when shooting some of the more modern high-pressure cartridges like the 10 mm, .45 Super and the Big Dog, the Mighty .460 Rowland®.
Longer, Thinner and Stronger to resolve primer blow-by problems in your:
- 1911 5″ “Gov’t”
- 1911 Cobra
- 1911 4.25″ “Commander”
- It includes an Extra Power Firing Pin Spring. Compatible with your large or small diameter .45 ACP firing pin assembly.
- Firing Pin Diameter: .067″
- The “Permanently Attach” Option:
- The purpose of this Option is to permanently secure the Compensator to the barrel to make it legal in California and other restrictive states. With the exception of the 1911, the customer must send their slide to 460 Rowland LLC for securing.
- For the 1911, the barrel is removable/replaceable even after the Compensator is attached, so only the barrel need be sent. In the case of a new Conversion sale, we can secure the Compensator before shipping your order.
- The .460 Rowland® Tougher Buffer Recoil System
- The .460 Rowland® Tougher Buffer Recoil System was originally designed as an integral part of our .460 Rowland® Cobra Conversion. Now included on all .460 Rowland® 1911 Conversions, it is also available as a stand-alone assembly to enhance the performance of your existing 1911 Conversion or your stock 1911 .45 ACP (or 10mm) handgun.
- This Dual-Action innovation effectively reduces felt recoil while saving your frame from undue punishment in a smooth and sustainable way.
What makes the .460 Rowland® Tougher Buffer Recoil System such an Improvement Over the Standard, 200 Year-Old Design?To begin, this Dual-Action, Flat-Wound Recoil Spring System stacks in a smaller space, lasts longer and runs smoother than assemblies with conventionally-wound springs. By nesting a short section of flat-wound spring inside the base of the main spring, we permit the gun to unlock and begin its cycle under normal spring tension. As the slide accelerates and approaches the end of its cycle that inertia is resisted gradually by the second spring until, finally, twice the starting spring tension is being exerted against that moving hunk of steel. This Dual-Actioninnovation effectively reduces felt recoil while saving your frame from undue punishment in a smooth and sustainable way.
Tuning Options:Our complete Tougher Buffer Recoil System includes our full-length, two-piece Tougher Buffer Guide Rod mounted with our 20(40) Dual-Action Recoil Spring . Because every 1911 and every shooter is different, we offer a wide range of tuning options with compatible flat-wound Dual-Action Recoil Spring s , either individually orin Tuning Packs:
- 24 (48) lb.
- 22 (44) lb.
- 20 (40) lb.
- 17 (34) lb.
- 15 (30) lb.
- 13 (26) lb.
- High-Rate Tuning Pack: includes 24 (48) lb. and 22 (44) lb Dual-Action Recoil Spring s
- Low-Rate Tuning Pack: includes 17 (34) lb., 15 (30) lb. and 13 (26) lb. Dual-Action Recoil Spring s (recommended for SS guns)